Solar panel & electric car charging installation
We as a group are delighted to announce that we have installed solar panels on Tyddyn Talgoch, and will shortly be installing our electric car charging equipment on site as well.
We started this journey over a year ago, and it has taken us a long time to get here, but it is going to be worth it. We know we are helping the environment by using the sunny days we have in Wales, to produce electric and reduce our carbon footprint. And we also know our customers are going to be delighted that they are able to charge their cars outside their lodges now.
Being in a rural environment, there are very few electric car charging points, so we are so happy we are able to provide this service to our customers
Solar panels have several benefits, including:
- Renewable energy: Solar panels generate electricity from sunlight, which is a renewable and sustainable energy source. Unlike fossil fuels, which are finite resources that will eventually run out, the sun will continue to provide us with energy for billions of years.
- Cost savings: Once you install solar panels, they can significantly reduce your electricity bill or eliminate it altogether, depending on the size of the system and your energy usage. Over time, this can add up to substantial savings on your utility bills.
- Low maintenance: Solar panels are very low maintenance, and with proper installation and care, they can last for several decades. You may need to occasionally clean the panels to remove dirt or debris, but there are no moving parts that require regular maintenance or repairs.
- Environmental benefits: Solar panels produce clean energy that doesn't emit any greenhouse gases or pollutants, which can help to reduce air and water pollution and mitigate climate change.
- Energy independence: By generating your own electricity with solar panels, you can become less reliant on the grid and potentially avoid power outages during blackouts or emergencies.